2Minutes or Less Program
Our athletic trainers are ready to respond appropriately and efficiently, no matter what the situation.
Getting it Done In 2 Minutes or Less
As part of ATI’s annual Sports Medicine “Kick-Off Week” our athletic trainers participate in an interactive session know as In 2Minutes or Less!® presented by Sports Medicine Concepts, Inc. This hands-on, sports emergency management program prepares athletic trainers to react flawlessly during sports' worst moments.
In simulated true-to-life situational scenarios, ATI athletic trainers are required to demonstrate proficiency in a range of critical care techniques including:
- Assessment of neurological injury
- Protection of in-line cervical stabilization
- Emergency management of protective athletic equipment
- Transfer and preparation for transport of the equipment-laden athlete
- Emergency airway management
- Delivery of high-quality CPR
- Emergency action planning
During sports emergency care training, the ATI athletic training staff also learns to identify where breakdowns in emergency response may occur. They are then taught to logically think their way through a process for development of a more efficient emergency response protocol, including determining which critical skills are most appropriate, and how best to apply these skills during management of a critically injured athlete.