Functional Capacity Evaluations
After a work injury, don't put yourself at risk of hurting yourself again.
ATI can help determine if you are physically ready to go back to work with a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE), a scientifically developed, objective process to measure a worker's physical capabilities and tolerances, also known as a worker's physical demand level (PDL).
Benefits of Using FCEs
- Determine the level of participation and activity that is right for the patient, providing the highest probability of return to work without re-injury
- Answer legally defensible case resolution-relevant questions for referral sources
- Practice hierarchy of safety, reliability, validity, practicality and utility
- Use standardized protocols to objectively define an individual’s safe and functional levels for return to work and case closure
- Are peer-reviewed, validity-based and legally defensible in the field of occupational rehabilitation
- Provide clear, concise, timely reports specific to an individual’s physical capabilities
Workers’ Comp Rehab Standardized Protocols
At ATI Physical Therapy, standardized protocols determine the level of participation and activity that is right for the patient following rehabilitation, thus providing the highest probability for return to work without re-injury.
Reliability and Validity
ATI's certified functional evaluators administer FCEs with evaluation tools and methods that are peer-reviewed, validity based and legally defensible in the field of occupational rehabilitation. All testing is performed with standardized protocols that are specific to each case in question. Each FCE will provide information on reliability of physical effort, reliability of pain reports/behaviors and safe levels of functional capacity.
Honesty and Objectivity
ATI Physical Therapy provides testing results that are trustworthy. ATI is an independently owned and operated company with the goal to provide fair, accurate, concise, objective data and information in each specific workers' compensation case.
ATI Physical Therapy's certified functional evaluators produce FCEs that are clear, concise, timely and specific to provide case closure for the referral sources and the workers' compensation client.
ATI Physical Therapy uses mobile equipment, which allows companies and their employees the convenience of ATI professionals performing on-site evaluations when needed. Please see our locations to find an ATI clinic near you that offers FCEs.