Find a location near you with Aquatic TherapyFind a Location Near You
At ATI, it’s always bathing suit season. Our specially-trained physical therapists jump right in to help our patients in the pool reach their goals through aquatic therapy. For patients who are in pain and are weakened due to an injury or disability, aquatic therapy offers the perfect solution to begin diving into treatment (don’t worry – there’s no literal diving!). The natural buoyancy of water reduces the stress on the body and helps patients exercise easier with less pain. Plus, the natural pressure of water reduces joint and soft-tissue swelling and provides enough resistance to strengthen muscle.
Aquatic therapy is not available at every clinic and the pools may differ in appearance. Please enter your zip code in the box to the right to see if a clinic near you offers aquatic therapy.
We offer customized aquatic therapy for patients with any of the following:
- Difficulty walking or limited weight-bearing capacity
- Extremity injuries which prevent regular conditioning on normal surfaces or in athletic participation
- Spinal dysfunction which prevents exercise on normal surfaces due to pain, immobility and/or compression
- Pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pain
- Total hip/knee joint replacements
- Unsuccessful attempts at land-based therapy